Our school is governed by a governing council who works with our Principal to help set and monitor our school’s vision and direction.
The council meets on Monday at 5:15pm in week 4 and 8 of each term.
The council is responsible for:
- developing and approving local policies
- approving and reviewing our budget
- monitoring and reviewing the site improvement plan
- reviewing employment contracts
- consulting with the school community to make sure their views are represented.
Join our governing council
Our current GC body has 4 parent members and we are seeking more parents/carers to join our council. We are asking that you consider becoming a member and being part of a school body that will continue to help move Robe Primary School forward in the spirit of community collaboration.
Governing councils are important bodies that help to govern a school. Governing councils work with the principal to help set and monitor the direction of a site.
A governing council meets twice a term to talk about the direction and management of the site. Meetings are a big part of being on a governing council, but it’s not only that. In your role on the council, you might also be asked to:
- be on an interview panel to select the site’s principal
- deal with media in response to an event or a good news story.
In your role on our governing council, you’ll work with myself to:
- involve the local community
- develop and approve local policies
- set the broad direction and vision of the site
- monitor and review the site improvement plan
- be the employing authority of some services, including OSHC and canteen.
My role as principal in Governing Council is to work with members to, for example:
- give educational leadership
- carry out the site’s policies
- carry out the site improvement plan.
The following committees report to the governing council:
- Finance Advisory Committee
- Parents and Friends Committee
- Grounds Committee
Get in touch with our governing council
To find out more, ask about joining or provide feedback, email email@example.com